• No house tours will be offered 11/11 - 11/21/14. Tickets to Costumes of Downton Abbey are available for purchase.
Online Collections at Winterthur
Digital Museum Collection
The Museum Collection comprises approximately 90,000 objects, from ceramics, furniture, glass, and prints to paintings, metalwork, textiles and other works. Most objects date from about 1600 to 1860. The Museum Collection digital database includes records, many of them with images, for the majority of the collection objects. Some objects also are highlighted in Online Exhibitions. See general information on the Museum Collection or for assistance, please email MuseumCollection@Winterthur.org.
Digital Garden Collection
The gardens and landscape surrounding the museum are not a botanical collection maintained for scientific purposes, but an artistic composition that captures a significant period in the history of American horticulture. This landscape is a cultural artifact and its components — plants, architecture, and decorative objects — are preserved and managed as a collection. The plant collection data is stored in our plant records system and documents woody plants and other taxa (different kinds of plants) that are part of the designed landscape. There are currently 7,508 accessioned taxa in our "living collections." The information on this collection is available through our online Plant Database. In addition you will find the following online:
- What's in Bloom
- Yearly Bloom Calendar
- Major Plant Groupings
- Summer Color in the Garden
- Fall Color in the Garden
- Access information about our garden objects and furniture through the Museum Collection Digital Database.
Digital Library Collection
Winterthur Library is a recognized center for advanced study and is dedicated to the understanding and appreciation of America's artistic, cultural, social, and intellectual history from colonial times into the twentieth century. If you have comments or questions about the library’s collections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WinterCat is the library's online catalogue. It includes approximately 90,000 bibliographic records for imprints, periodicals, printed materials, manuscripts, printed ephemera, photographs, and archival resources.
- Digital Library Collections refers to a number of collections, ranging from diaries to account books, from photographs of the Shaker religious sect to early 20th century autochromes of the Winterthur garden, are available online.
- More than 900 trade catalogs are available through the Internet Archive.