• Yuletide house tours sold out for November 28 and December 6 & 7. Limited tickets for Costumes of Downton Abbey still available.
Enchanted Summer Day
June 14, 2014
11:00 am–3:00 pm
Imaginations come alive on a magical day in our award-winning children’s garden. Flutter around the Faerie Cottage, explore beneath the Troll Bridge, catch daisies in the water trough, make arts and crafts, try your hand at games, and be entertained with music and storytelling. A day of make-believe has never been so much fun!
- Musicians Slyte of Hand perform lively Celtic music throughout the day.
- Strolling Storyteller Terry Colonna conjures stories as she strolls through the woods, 11:30 to 2:30
- Meet Magic Tad as he roams through the woods and see the enchantment he has up his sleeve, 11:30 to 2:30
Crafts and Activities
- Make Sneaky Snake and Wobbly Bird puppets
- Create your own Hungry Frog game
- Pot a bright and cheery nasturtium
- Design a tote bag for carrying your projects home (Members only, please)
- Blow bubbles or help decorate the sidewalks with your own artistic creations
- Borrow a backpack filled with fun activities to help you explore Enchanted Woods
Games (lawn north of Enchanted Woods)
- Try your hand at chasing a hoop, the ring-toss, giant egg races, or the Game of Graces
- Our talented artists will add a little magic to your smiling face ($5 per child)
- Purchase yummy ice cream from the Woodside Farm Creamery cart.
Explore the Museum
- Take the Once Upon a Family Tour (recommended for children ages 4–11) Galleries Reception Desk, 12:30
- Travel Back in time in the Touch-it Room, 12:30 to 4:30
- Check out a Preschool Pack to enhance your exploration of the 1st-floor Galleries.
*For information on general admission, directions, and more, click here.
Your attendance at this event allows Winterthur to use your photograph for promotional purposes without compensation.