The goal of the Volunteer Program is to encourage participation from the community to meet Winterthur’s mission of preserving and enhancing the legacy of its founder, H.F. du Pont, for the benefit and enjoyment of the public. Volunteers, as nonpaid staff, are integral to running the Museum, Library, and Garden. They serve in many departments, supporting paid staff in such areas as Academic Programs, Conservation, Garden, Library, Membership, House and Gallery Tours, Museum Collections, Registration, Visitor Service and School and Community Programs.
If you are interested in joining the hundreds of volunteers who dedicate time and expertise throughout the Museum, Garden and Library, you may browse the opportunities at the link below.
- Free admission to the garden, galleries, and most tours
- Free admission to selected special events
- Discounts in the retail stores and restaurants
- Outstanding training and educational opportunities
- Participation in National Volunteer Month (April)
- Lots of fun!!
For additional information, please contact Volunteer Manager Tricia Davies at 302.888.4784 or e-mail volunteer email@example.com.