Enchanted Summer Day
June 14, 2014
Celebrate the beginning of summer in our award-winning children’s garden!
- Musicians Slyte of Hand perform lively Celtic music throughout the day.
- Strolling Storyteller Terry Colonna conjures stories as she strolls through the woods, 11:30 to 2:30
- Meet Magic Tad as he roams through the woods and see the enchantment he has up his sleeve, 11:30 to 2:30
Crafts and Activities
- Make Sneaky Snake and Wobbly Bird puppets
- Create your own Hungry Frog game
- Pot a bright and cheery nasturtium
- Design a tote bag for carrying your projects home (Members only, please)
- Blow bubbles or help decorate the sidewalks with your own artistic creations
- Borrow a backpack filled with fun activities to help you explore Enchanted Woods
Games (lawn north of Enchanted Woods)
- Try your hand at chasing a hoop, the ring-toss, giant egg-races, or the Game of Graces
- Our talented artists will add a little magic to your smiling face ($5 per child)
- Purchase yummy ice cream from the Woodside Farm Creamery cart.
Explore the Museum
- Take the Once Upon a Family Tour (recommended for children ages 4–11) Galleries Reception Desk, 12:30
- Travel Back in time in the Touch-it Room, 12:30 to 4:30
- Check out a Preschool Pack to enhance your exploration of the 1st-floor Galleries.
Your attendance at this event allows Winterthur to use your photograph for promotional purposes without compensation.